Highly Available Shared Hosting
powered by StorPool
Reduce the headache and increase the margins of your shared hosting
business. Build more a reliable and faster shared
hosting service your customers will love!
Highly Available Shared Hosting (HASH) is a simple, yet powerful new concept which helps companies build amazing and cost-effective shared hosting service!
In the HASH architecture, the traditional bare-metal (physical) shared hosting servers are converted to virtual machines, running on a highly available VM infrastructure. The VM infrastructure is designed for high performance and high efficiency in mind. It can handle hardware failures (failed server, failed drives) without any downtime.
The result is better performance and higher availability of the shared hosting service, and lower total cost.
HASH is easily implemented in new environments, or at hardware refresh cycles of an existing shared hosting business. In both cases the HASH design provides better service plus cost optimization. When traditional shared hosting is upgraded to HASH, total cost per user decreases.
Why should you switch from traditional hosting to Highly Available Shared Hosting?
Switching to Highly Available Shared Hosting gives you two main benefits – better service quality and overall cost optimization. You will decrease the total amount of servers used (CAPEX) and overall cost and complexity of your infrastructure. After the hardware refresh cycle and implementation of HASH, your total cost per user will be lower. You will be then able to deliver high availability and all-SSD performance, thus keeping and growing your loyal customer base!
Highly Available Shared Hosting Architecture
At the core of HASH is a cloud-like set-up: virtualized physical servers and shared storage, built with SDS (software-defined storage). The highly available, scale-out architecture and automation of the new solution decreases support and maintenance effort—and costs.
The software stack within virtual machines is identical to the one used in traditional shared hosting, allowing ease of migration and management.
The new HASH setup is built with a high level of redundancy (two switches, N+1 hypervisors, three copies of data) to ensure 100% availability of the hosting service.
The Benefits Of Using Highly Available Shared Hosting
- Competitive advantage: Improve service performance and service availability. Increase referrals. Decrease churn.
- Less salary expenses/wasted time: StorPool will manage the storage system for you. Your tech team will manage one-sixth the servers. Enjoy a self-healing system. Perform system maintenance of physical servers without maintenance windows, downtime or restarts.
- Reduced costs: The new architecture provides a quantum leap in service quality at lower overall cost. After investing in HASH, your cost per user will go down, allowing you to keep more profit and/or invest in your hosting business growth and development!
- High-availability infrastructure – eliminate hardware related downtime
- No more downtime during standard maintenance or hardware upgrades and refresh cycles
- Much better performance – eliminate performance-related customer complains
- No vendor lock-in; use commodity hardware
- No bandwidth shortage in peak periods
- Increase hardware utilization – both storage and compute
- A simple, fluid system to manage and grow
Comparison between the different shared hosting storage options
No Vendor Lock-in
Cost per USER
A Story of Success – Kualo’s Shared Hosting powered by StorPool’s Highly Available Shared Hosting solution!
Kualo is UK-based web hosting company, providing shared hosting and VPS solutions for customers of all sizes – from very small customers to large enterprises. In the beginning Kualo chose StorPool to power the storage infrastructure for their virtual servers and cloud servers. Recently Kualo turned to StorPool to power also their shared hosting infrastructure.
Jo Stonehouse, Managing Director of Kualo, shared how StorPool helped Kualo to build a shared hosting without downtime and approach more enterprise customers.
Case Study: High performance and reliability, with a cost effective and scalable pricing model