Highly Available Shared Hosting
powered by StorPool
Reduce the headache and increase the margins of your shared hosting
business. Build extremely cost-effective and high-performance shared
hosting service, which your customers will love!
Highly Available Shared Hosting is a simple, yet powerful new concept which helps companies build extremely cost-effective and powerful shared hosting service!
In the Highly Available Shared Hosting architecture each of the physical shared hosting servers is converted to a virtual machine, running on highly available VM infrastructure. The data is secured by triple replication. If a drive or a hypervisor fails, the system will continue to work as if nothing happened.
The VM infrastructure is designed for high performance and high efficiency in mind.
The end result is lower cost, better performance and higher availability of the shared hosting service.
Why should you switch from traditional hosting to highly available shared hosting?
Switching to Highly Available Shared Hosting gives you two main benefits – cost optimization and better service quality. You will decrease the total amount of servers used (CAPEX) and overall cost and complexity of your infrastructure. You will be able to deliver high availability and all-SSD performance, thus increasing your customers’ satisfaction!
Highly Available Shared Hosting Architecture
At the core of the highly available setup is a cloud-like set-up: virtualized physical servers and shared storage, built with SDS (software-defined storage). The highly available, scale-out architecture and automation of the new solution decrease support and maintenance effort and costs.
The software stack within virtual machines is identical to the one used in the traditional setup in order to allow ease of deployment and management.
The new setup is built with a high level of redundancy (2 switches, N+1 hypervisors, 3 copies of data) to ensure very high availability of the service.
The Benefits Of Using Highly Available Shared Hosting
- Competitive advantage: Improve service performance and service availability. Increase referrals. Decrease churn.
- Less time wasted for your team: Have StorPool manage the storage system for you. Manage 6 times less servers. Enjoy a self-healing system. Perform preventative maintenance on physical servers without maintenance windows or downtime.
- Reduced costs: The new architecture provides a quantum leap in service quality at lower overall cost. Cutting these costs enables you to keep more profit and/or invest in your hosting business growth and development!
- High-availability of the infrastructure – eliminate hardware related downtime
- No more downtime during standard maintenance or hardware upgrades and refresh cycles
- Much better performance – eliminate performance related customer complains
- No vendor lock-in and commodity hardware usage
- No bandwidth shortage in peak periods
- Increase hardware utilization – both storage and compute wise
- Have a simple and fluid system to manage and grow
Comparison between the different shared hosting storage options
No Vendor Lock-in
Cost per USER
A Story of Success – Kualo’s Shared Hosting powered by StorPool’s Highly Available Shared Hosting solution!
Kualo is UK-based web hosting company, providing shared hosting and VPS solutions for customers of all sizes – from very small customers to large enterprises. In the beginning Kualo chose StorPool to power the storage infrastructure for their virtual servers and cloud servers. Recently Kualo turned to StorPool to power also their shared hosting infrastructure.
Jo Stonehouse, Managing Director of Kualo, shared how StorPool helped Kualo to build a shared hosting without downtime and approach more enterprise customers.
Case Study: High performance and reliability, with a cost effective and scalable pricing model