Simple hyper converged storage infrastructure with StorPool
StorPool makes it fast and easy to set-up and manage data storage. If you deploy it in converged or hyper converged storage fashion you can also have a single building block for your datacenters by combining compute and storage on the same node. This simplifies your entire IT infrastructure, while reducing its cost in times.
StorPool was designed with the customer in mind with a focus on simplicity:
- Simple, yet extremely robust architecture
- Usage of standard hardware: makes it simpler and cheaper to set-up and support
- Ease of use – StorPool is simple all the way – to implement, manage and grow
- No experts needed – a junior system administrator is usually able to operate StorPool with some basic training. No need for expensive specialist storage experts with 5 pages of certificates
- Hyperconverged on standard hardware – we know how important hyper-converged infrastructure has become, thus we developed a number of integrations, which makes building hyper-converged solutions fast and easy
When we designed StorPool’s distributed storage architecture we specifically though of simplicity. This is why we do not require custom kernels, we are compatible with the standard software stack, we use standard hardware. Although we are selective about some particular hardware components (mostly SSDs, NICs and HBAs), we still use standard mass-production components, familiar on the market. We always do our best to make everything as simple possible (but not simpler).